The Accessibility User Research Collective (AURC) is looking for people who are deaf or hard of hearing to take part in a web-based research project being conducted by Microsoft. The goal of this study is to assess the experience of the Text-to-Speech and Speech-to-Text features in Microsoft’s Xbox video game platform by players who are deaf and hard of hearing.
To be eligible you must:
1. Play video games on a regular basis.
2. Be deaf or hard of hearing.
3. Be 18 years of age or older.
4. Prefer English for reading and writing.
5. Be a member of the Accessibility User Research Collective (AURC) by completing our member form at:
Participants will be asked to play a specific top-tier Xbox game at least 3 times in 1 week in a multi-player setting, make notes of their experience, and complete a questionnaire. At the end, participants each will receive a $100 stipend for their time and effort.